Ampeg SVP-CL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dave, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Just got my ampeg in today and even with my crappy cabinet, it puts out some great sounds. This thing can put out a very clear, warm tubey (duh) sound. The whole midrange adjustment (Mid freq selector and level knob) is beautiful sounding. This thing has really opened the sound of my bass. Before it had no mids or highs, but now its got a wonderful clear balenced sound, if I want it. If not, the super duper, make your belly feel funny, deep, rich lows are there. The 5 position Ultra Low knob is awesome sounding. Then you have the Bright and ultra high switches, which also add clear, glassy, yet not brittle, or painful highs.

Overall, this thing is a 1,000,000% improvement over my old hartke head. This thing does seem to have a slight issue in the output department, so I plan to get the mod sometime this week probably.

Like others have said, the logo on this thing lights up to be about as bright as the sun. Oh well, at least its cool looking.

As far as constructin goes, everything seems top notch, knobs are very solid feeling, the case seems to be very durable, although I dont recommend dropping it out your 2nd floor window to test it.

Overall I am very pleased with this purchase, best $460 Ive spent on bass equipment. If anyone wants to ask me any question PM me or leave one here

PS - I purchased from BassNW, awesome guys to deal with, very friendly.
  2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Ive got a svp-cl but havent played it in a while. Ive been using an aguilar db680. I got it out and played a bit and yes this is a great preamp! Ampeg did a great job on this unit.