1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT 200T settings help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by f59bassman, Jan 15, 2012.

1. f59bassman

f59bassman

Aug 2, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Musician
    Hey guys, I have an ampeg svt 200t and I've tried the "close your eyes and listen" to set the tone, but I'm still not very happy with the highs. I'm in a band similar to jacks mannequin and something corporate so I'm trying to set my tone like that but not getting the tone I desire. I'm running the svt 200t head into a bxt 410e (hopefully switching to an ampeg svt 410hlf IF I can find someone in the Chattanooga, TN area that's selling one cause I don't have the money for a new one) and I'm running a behringer autocom mdx1400. Yeah behringer IS NOT the greatest, but $25 for the unit was nice hahaha. Can ANYONE give me a suggestion on how to set these 2 things OR at least the head?? Thanks!

2. capncal

capncal

Apr 14, 2009
    i run mine basically flat. our practice space is a bit boomy, so i roll off the very lowest EQ just a bit, to like 9 or 10 o'clock. although it's fun to fuzz up my signal and pull that low EQ button out to boost the truly thunderous lows! but for practical applications, i'm pretty much 12 o'clock all the way across.

sounds like you might want an upside down smiley face configuration, boost the mids and roll back the lows and highs and give it a go.

not sure what that behringer unit you're talking about is. i also use a sansamp tech 21 DI, the DI on the 200t is pretty terrible from what i understand and the sans sounds pretty dang good going to the front of the house.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 start with everything at 12 o clock, and don't add alot, maybe just the mids bumped up a bit. Cut the lows and highs some too. You may want to try this without whatever that Behringer product is plugged in. Try to get a good tone with bass and amp only.