Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg svt pro 4 schematics

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iogaztelu, May 18, 2005.

1. iogaztelu

iogaztelu

May 11, 2005
    Does anyone know about the schematics of ampeg svt pro4?
    I have a problem with the voltage. Here in spain is 220 and in the USA 120vac.Ampeg told me that I have to cahnge some capacitors, but repairing will cost 260 E(338$) and I think is too expensive.

2. Good luck, I wouldn't want to have a look inside that beast!

Although I did happen upon a site when search in google that had all the ampeg schematics (do a search) - sorry I can't remember more than that unfortunately.

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    I replied to your email....

But with that price to change over, it sounds like what you have is a 120V 60Hz only USA unit. The cost probably includes a new universal transformer.

We used to make that unit in domestic and export versions with different transformers, although now we only use the universal version which is wireable for 100V, 120V, 220V, 230V, or 240V 50/60Hz.

That is the risk of obtaining older units over ebay and the like. A unit from the US may or may not be re-wirable easily. Most newer units can be, although not everyone provides that feature.

But, in the past, few companies made domestic USA units with multi-voltage capability. Before ebay, the problem hardly ever came up.