1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amps: EBS REIDMAR or EDEN WTX500?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wmhill, Jul 13, 2014.

1. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    I'm looking for a new amp, lightweight, powerful, clean, loud and with on board comp. These two look good, on paper. Any hands on input on these two?

2. Ive had both.Both nice amps.Eden a little warmer,but the reidmar puts out more wattage than its rated.Ebs is a little sterile

Driven Crane and wmhill like this.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Might want to put this in the amps forum...

4. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    I thought it was? It says amps on the header.

5. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    It seems the limiter function in the Reidmar will gradually cut more and more low end the harder you push it, making for a compressed, "middy" and slightly aggressive sound. And with as little output these amps have, that threshold might be reached sooner than one thinks. The Reidmar also has a rather high "low cut" frequency from the start, with -3 dB at 35Hz. These amps are definitely thinner sounding with a five string than ie. MarkBass LMII.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    wmhill likes this.
  6. Menoti

Menoti

Feb 27, 2011
    the wattage is questionable on WTX, but it sounds excellent and it's very light. Had to sell it because I play with crazy-loud people

wmhill likes this.