1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An Awesome Brubaker Experience

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassconbeatz, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    I just wanted to share my awesomely fantastic experience with Brubaker Basses. Last year, I was lucky enough to purchase a JXB-5. I totally fell in love with it right off the bat. The craftsmanship and set-up was out of this world.

There are so many builders out there which have a model or models based Leo Fender’s timeless design of the Jazz Bass. Of all of them, I think Kevin Brubaker’s version has one of the most aggressive and innovative design approaches.

One of those would be the headstock design, which has the sculpted trademark Brubaker carving and of course the Brubaker bolt-on/neck through design. In addition, the wooden control cavity cover secured with cool single machine screw is very convenient since all that is needed is a coin to open it up. As with necks, he opted in using machined screws instead of wood screw which really give it a very firm coupling between the neck and body.

The ergonomics he has designed and the woods that he chooses to build them really add to the playability and tone. Another great Brubaker attribute, which is a big plus for me is that every wood that goes into his basses are built from scratch.

If you get a chance to try out one of his builds, by all means do yourself a favor and get one in your hands.

All of his basses are state of the art design and the customer service he provides is beyond state of the art which I’m happy to say I’ve experience first hand.

He really cares for the basses that he builds and also the players that play them. It’s a one man operation and every bass that goes out, he’ll give each of them his full undying support.

I’m already planning an ordering another one from him. I’d love to have a six string Brubaker one of these day.

I just wanted to give my fellow Tb’r a bit of insight of Brubaker Basses. If you checkout my profile, I’ve gone through many boutique builders and I’ve finally found one that really speaks to me.

Here are some pics of my baby.

WP_20131014_003_zps39f5e4dc.
    WP_20131014_002_zpsbd82c52b.
    WP_20131014_001_zpsbdade754.
    WP_20131014_004_zpsbd401447.

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    WOW!! Like the color. Looks like a very light "breathable" finish.

3. Audiomarkj

Audiomarkj

Sep 1, 2008
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Basses
    So !!! That's your bass. That is a great instrument. I have 2. The prototype 4 that started it all and a JXB-5 w/koa top. Ash center and alder wings w/maple neck. These are the next generation of basses. I own 5 Brubakers and looking at a 6th. Enjoy !!!! MJ :hyper:

4. Good stuff there!

Kevin Brubaker is the man, but I don't know if it's fair to say it's a one man operation.

5. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    My bad. I know he has a great supporting crew :)

6. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Yup. I'm the guilty party. I really lovin this baby. I just plays so effortlessly. :bassist:

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I checked this bass out before it shipped. A couple of us remarked about how nice the B was... then I realized I had the bridge pickup soloed. The Bartolini single coils really let that bass sing. Congrats.

8. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Yes, those single coils really adds to the tone. I'm totally digging it :)

9. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Congrats. A very pretty bass too!!!!

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That is just extraordinary. Replace the bridge pickup with an MM humbucker and you have the perfect bass for me. That's just personal preference of course.

But yeah that finish..that color..that neck...just perfection.

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    You'd really need to check out this bass. Might not be what you'd expect from a JJ setup.

12. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Wow, i know what your standards are like, this must be something really special!

13. bassman10096

bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I love the matte finish on ash. Seems like all anybody ever does it try to fill that grain. What a breath of fresh air. Not really familiar with Brubakers, but yours is sure 'purty.