1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

And a good day to you, sirs!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by ITAHisDudeness, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ITAHisDudeness

ITAHisDudeness

Feb 4, 2020
    Italy
    Greetings from Italy! I'm a long time music listener (been dabbling in rock in almost all of its forms since I was a wee lad and I've always been spacing as much as I feel like ever since) who never gathered enough courage to actually start reproducing the sounds I love. Years after finally finding out the ones I like the most come from big guitars with few strings I've purchased an used one. If I ever find the time to start producing pressure variations in the air I'll surely need some guidance which I hope to find here.

2. Oddly

Oddly Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Welcome, and enjoy the trip!

ITAHisDudeness likes this.
  3. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
  4. Howdy from Texas!

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Glad you found us! Be advised, there are plenty if competent, pro, smart, ma'ams around here as well as sirs. In fact, percentage wise, there are probably more smart females than males around here. :roflmao:

Either way, fire away with any questions.

6. Don't get hung up on the gear.

Play the damned thing.

Welcome.

7. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Yes, do like he said... :bawl: I would be so much richer... :rollno: and welcome aboard and enjoy... ;)

8. dramatwist

dramatwist

Sep 27, 2019
    ...warm welcome, Dude...

9. ITAHisDudeness

ITAHisDudeness

Feb 4, 2020
    Italy
    Thank you all for your warm welcome! Still haven't had enough time to start fiddling yet. Plan to get reading Hal Leonard's Bass Method for starters. I just have a veeeery cheap guitar amp at the moment :whistle:

It sounds gender-exclusive that way, never thought about that. Just a little Lebowski quote to stay in character, even if it was Walter who said it (to Arthur Digby Sellers). In my own words, I would've addressed "lads and lasses", ordered that way just for alphabetical reasons ;)

There are never enough female players in my opinion, our culture seems to suggest that is a male-oriented activity too. It doesn't get any worse than passive sexism to me :(

GregC and two fingers like this.
  10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Oh it wasn't that bad. I'm not trying to get all PC on you. Stick around. We're mostly a bunch if goofballs.

11. ITAHisDudeness

ITAHisDudeness

Feb 4, 2020
    Italy
    Add one to the count!

Oddly likes this.
  12. brgtr3

brgtr3

Jan 20, 2019
    Minneapolis, MN
    Over the line!!

13. upload_2020-2-14_8-24-24.jpeg