Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And Now I Am Waiting

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Jun 7, 2004.

1. This weekend i put money down on a fretless 4003 Ric that has been on order from the www.ricpage.com for the past 3 months.
    I know its early to post this..because i dont have the bass yet..but im just happy :)
    Apparantly they are expecting it later this summer....or it can be still 6 more months away from construction(i certainly hope not).
    I am not a patient fellow...so i hope John Hall is really cracking the whips over at the shop. :(
    The first week has just begun...and im already itchin for that bass...i cannot begin to understand the frustration/anticipation that must be with people like Mark Beem and SMASH etc...

I have included a pic of the only Jetglo fretless 4003 that i have found on the net...its a crappy pic but you can still see what it will basically look like...(only mine will be new and better looking...cause, well...its mine :D)

2. ive heard along the grapevine that that bass is very hard to play i wouldnt know cause im just starting out i dont suppose you can give me some pointers? :bassist: :hyper:

3. Whats hard to play? Fretless or Ric's? or Fretless Rics?

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ohh, a fretless Rick, that must sound nice.

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Could somebody link me to some clips featuring a Ric bass?

I don't know that I've ever heard one before where I could clearly distinguish the sound (and was paying attention and trying to), but I'd be interested to hear one.

6. I know someone posted some before...i dont remember who...
    Id love to help you out...but at the moment my computer hates me...it will be a couple weeks before i can get anything recorded. :p

But as i said...i do know someone posted Ric clips before...

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    S'okay. I'll do a search here in a little bit.

It's just occured to me (and I'm not surprised by this, given where I live), that I've never even seen a Ric in real life. Pretty much if it's not a Stingray or a Fender (and Warwicks are getting more popular to see in stores) around here, it's extremely rare to see.

They look cool, although I'm not sure how I'd feel about owning one. Glad you're happy, though.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Rickenbackers are cool basses, although defiintely not my type. Im not fond of the slap tone at all and dont see them to be funky basses at all. Basicaly i like basses that either sound awesome slapped, or have a kickass jazzy tone (such as a precision bass). Something with thump. Rickenbackers sound cool with a pick though...

(and the neck feels awesome on them).

9. GreatBlueYeti

GreatBlueYeti

Jun 7, 2004
    I've never tried a rick. but #@*% dude nice lookin bass thats for sure :)
    -The Yeti :bassist:

10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Arghhh You are making me miss my Ric...