1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another G&L Convert

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by CanTexBass, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I went out to buy a new Fender J and ended up with a Tribute SB-2. For less money I got a much better sound and more flexibility. This thing plays like it is already broken in! There are times I have to remind myself that it is not an active bass the sound is so strong. I had been toying with the idea of buying a custom sometime in the near future and I think I will end up getting a US G&L custom. If they can have an import made with this quality I can only imagine what their domestics are like.

2. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    Section 204
    Nice! I bought a Trib SB-2 a few years ago as a back-up to my US L2k. When I was gigging regularly, it traded #1 spots with the L2k on a weekly basis. My Fender J pretty much stopped getting played...

Enjoy!

3. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Amazing, aren't they? My Tribute SB-2 was my first foray into G&L land. Followed by a Tribute L2000. I still don't own a U.S. model...although I don't rule it out in the future. I am just blown away by the sound and playability of the Tribute series.

Kim

4. Howdy,

Welcome to the G&L family. The sickness has started.......

Another resource for G&L is the GbL. It is a G&L site, not a bass specific site. But they are just as twisted.

Take care,

edg