Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Head or Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    This thread is out of pure curiousity, I do not claim to own nore want to buy anything else other than what im getting in a few weeks.

I saw that thread about that mega-blow-your-ears out wall of amps, and I was wondering. Say I have an Ampeg 810 and SVTCL, would I be louder if I bought another CL and ran the ampeg as 2 410 cabinets and ran one head through one of them. Or Buy another 810.

Once again...I'll be perfectly happy with one 810 and SVT. Actually i'll be more than perfectly happy...more like this. :hyper: .....All day long

2. you compareing

1 x 810 + 1 x SVT CL

to

( 1 x 410 + 1 x SVT CL ) + ( 1 x 410 + 1 X SVT CL ) ?

3. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well, something like that. Ampegs are able to be run as 2 410's. Like I can take one head and but stupid effects on it and run it through 4 of the 8 speakers, and than a normal head running through the remaining 4 speakers.

But pysically (spelt it wrong) what it is 810 and 2 heads, or 2 810's and one head.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes, you can do it, but why would you want to spend another grand just for the gimmick?

5. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    I stated, this was purely out of curiousity. The only time that would ever be used, is if my drummer needed to mic his drums. I'd let him run through 1 set of 4 speakers. Im never going to buy another head or anything.

I was only wondering witch would be louder.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Drums through a bass cab is a BAD idea. If your drummer mics, it should go through the PA.

7. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Oh, thanks for the heads up on that. He doesn't mic as of now, he doesn't even have his own set yet lol. He uses my brothers set. I was just saying for the future. Thanks for letting me know though.