1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anthony Jackson

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, May 14, 2006.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    With Michel Camilo and El Negro Hernandez

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Great clip from an amazing DVD. I think I wore my copy out. :)

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Was that Patrice Rushen on Keys?

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Yes it was.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hey Jauqo, have you seen that Lee Ritenour DVD? I bought it last weekend! This is an incredible vid! Dave Carpenter, Anthony Jackson and Melvin Davis! All mind blowing performances! I never knew AJ was so animated! He plays arpeggios with perfection!

On another note, I never knew Patrice Rushen was THAT good! And Oscar Seaton is a monster on drums! Very creative brotha!

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Another vid you need to check out is Cheili Minucci/Special EFX vid with Jerry Brooks on bass! That dude is a monster!!

7. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Slightly OT but I can no longer play youtube videos. It tells me that either the flash player is out of date or javascript is disabled, neither of which is true.

Anyone know how to solve that problem?

8. that DVD is simply amazing - it's so good and puts Ritenour's work in such a good light - i just wish other jazz greats, like Herbie - would do similarlarly high quality retrospectives - everything about that DVD is excellent - the fact there are three amazing bassists on there is kind of a bonus. I really love Melvin Davis' solo on the 7-string at the end - really f-ing good!

Nick Bassman - I didn't realise the clip I highlighted was from a DVD - it's really great stuff. And is that Jerzy Drozd on your avatar? Damn tasty looking thing...

M

9. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Now wait a minute!!!! Please post an amazon link to this dvd! Thanks. :D

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Yes I saw it about 7 months ago and it's pretty kool,overall some very nice performances from all involved.

and yes Patrice is beyond talented,she's on so many recordings as a leader and studio musician that it would blow your mind.

11. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Here's AJ with Michael Petrucciani and Steve Gadd:

12. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    One of my fav. videos on youtube, HeadHunters live in 1975, is no longer there anymore. It ticks me off.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Man, there are some awesome videos on show here! I love AJ, he has such a beautiful tone, and has such an intensity in his playing, even when at his most restrained.

14. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
  15. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

May I suggest your local Circuit City! I got mine for $12.99! I saw quite a few vids I have my eye on! None were higher than $15.99!

16. Wow Thanks!

3 worldclass musicans.

Didn't they do a DVD with that trio?

-Christian

17. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    his playing is unreal.