1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any advice for someone with broken speaker outputs????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nickwhittaker, May 18, 2011.

1. nickwhittaker

nickwhittaker

Aug 23, 2010
    Miami, FL
    Hey guys,

I was just about to start practicing today through my Hartke 410XL and HA4000 and there is no sound coming out of the cabinet.

I plugged a different amplifier (for my PA system) into the cabinet and I got a sound.

I ran my HA4000 from its "tuner out" output into the inputs on the PA through the cabinet and got a sound.

So, I'm assuming that somehow the speaker outputs on my HA4000 are not working. Any suggestions? No warranty... as the amp isn't being made anymore and it's almost 10 years old.

Maybe it's time for a new amp? How is the HA2500 or HA3500? I'm fairly poor.

Thanks everybody!

2. Probably not the jacks. Sounds like it's something in the power amp section though. One thing you can do is tighten all the nuts around the output and input jacks. Then, take a 1/4" plug and run it in and out of each jack, including your effects send and return. If you have any contact cleaner spray a little in there first. Sometimes the jacks will oxidize and prevent good signal flow.

If you look for another amp, I think Gallien Krueger is one of the best values whether new or used. Try a 700RB II or MB500. Or even a Backline 600 or a used 800RB. Can't go wrong IMHO.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Probably be cheaper to fix your amp then buy another. Amp tech anyone?