1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any bass to fit kaoss pad screen?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by callingltu, Jan 24, 2012.

1. callingltu

callingltu

Jan 18, 2011
    Hey,

So I'm going to put kaoss pad screen to my bass, following this tutorial:
    unmaintained - Phil's Kaoss Guitar, Korg Kaoss Pad / Epiphone Les Paul Mod
    (We have already did this thing to mu guitar player guitar and it works awesome)

But it seems that i cant find any bass that kaoss pad screen would fit in. I have p-bass and no way that theres place for it :) I think that maybe it would fit into thunderbird, but still maybe. Any suggestions guys? :)

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

That is pretty neat. Have you considered using a Mini-KP and just mounting it on the body? It's not nearly as cool but you'll probably use it just as much....

I don't know if the KP2 and KP3 are the same size but I believe they are

I don't know if you have much experience with the Kaoss pads but they are difficult to use while playing an instrument, you'll need to generally hold the effect.

Didn't the guy from the Flaming Lips attach a Kaossilator to his guitar body and jam out with it? My first experience with Kaoss Pads was at a Dream Theater show, Jordan Rudess ran Petrucci's guitar through it and applied a bunch of random effects, it was pretty neat. He kept showing the pad so you can see all the red stuff flying all over.

Good luck and i hope to see the results.

3. callingltu

callingltu

Jan 18, 2011
    Mounting kaoss pad mini would not be kool :D Also i will put the hold button from kaoss pad to a footswitch, so it wont be neccesary to hold the screen all the time if i would like to use the effect :) We've done all kaoss pad stuff with my guitarist guitar so i know how usable it is while playing :D