Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Drummers??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SnowBaby518, Jan 11, 2004.

1. SnowBaby518

SnowBaby518 Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Southern Cali- US of A
    I have a thing for Drummers,and I was wondering if there are any on this Site.I know this is a site for Bassists and stuff,but there might be someone who play drums AND bass...lol...write back,or PM me...Thanx!

-Stacey

2. http://www.whmoh.com/stuff/daviddrums.mpg

me tearing up my friends set with his new double bass pedal. :D

and the sceam at the end is from the pain in my shins :smug:

but seriously, im not a drummer by any means,i just enjoy banging on them randomly as fast as i can from time to time :bassist:

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Shouldnt this be in the TalkBass Personal Ads forum?? :rolleyes:

tsk.. kids :bassist:

4. heh, i just wanted a reason to show off my hilarious drum video :D

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That video hurt my ears.

But i am not a drummer, but i do play drums a little. My drummer keeps his drums here because this is where we practice, so of course i use them time to time because they ARE only 10 feet away from me.

His kit contains basicaly a pearl forum fusion kit with a export 16 inch tom, Remo white non-coated heads, pacific double pedal, 18'' Sabian AAXplosion crash, 16" Sabian AA medium crash, 20" Sabian B8 Pro medium ride, Zildjian ZBT 10", 14" Zildjian ZBT hi hats.

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I am no drummer.... but I have drums!

Gretsch 5 piece...
    Tama Hardware
    Zildjian A Custom 14" Hi Hats, 18" Med Crash, 22" Med Ride, Sabian AAX 10" Splash...

Yeah for me!

P@

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    actually me and my drummer live together, he has a sonor kit in silver (cant remember model name) and zildjian dyno beat hats, A sweet ride, k medium rock crash, k thin rock crash. if i remember right anyway. oh yeah and a super cool cowbell i bought him!

9. I've been playing drums and percussion for 33 years and bass for about 2 1/2 years. Learning to play bass has really changed my approach to the kit.

10. but i don't think you want to get to know me, especially in 'that way'

:eek:

11. i do! i do!
    I DOOOOO!!! :p

PICK ME! PICK MEEEEEE!!!! :cool:

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Music related, in a very stupid way.

13. I am a drummer in one of 2 bands I'm in. Are you just wondering who plays drums on TB or are you looking for something else? If you are, thats pretty dumb. [​IMG]

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ryan, whats your kit. (like, everything).

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

So, this is our payback for the chickens in the brains thread that Josh sent you, huh?:D

16. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I've been playing drums for a whopping two weeks, after critiquing them for the last 15 or so years. I have a whole new respect for competent drummers.

17. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I've been playing drums since I was a kid, all together about 15 years and started playing bass 15 months ago. You said you have a thing for drummers do you need advice or a looking to meet drummers?

18. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I'm a drummer for 2 years (ish) and a bass player for...about a month.

I have a Westbury set crap 4 piece (typical 5 with 13 removed). I'm getting a new set soon (Mapex Pro M in fusion sizes, Ice Blue finish).

Cymbals:
    15" Zildjian A New Beats (I want to get some 16" but for some reason I can't find any :D)
    18" Sabian AA Medium Crash
    21" Sabian HHX Groove Ride (orgasmic)
    20" Istanbul Mehmet Traditional Lite Ride (used as a crash 'cuz it's so damn thin. S**ty ride)

It would be so cool to get Sabian HHX 16" Groove Hats, but I need some more cash first...those would be so sweet though.

19. here we go
    [​IMG]

The only difference now that I dont use the steel snare and the 14" crash is to the right of the 18" crash, aboe the 10" tom. Also, those are supposed to be in inches, not feet.