1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any sound clips for joe barden pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rycebag, May 20, 2011.

1. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Been looking for some clips of the joe barden jazz bass and p bass pickups but i haven't found any yet.

2. GMSweet

GMSweet

Oct 12, 2007
    New Hampshire
  3. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    My old Thumb NT5 had Barden blades (coincidentally, or not, I bought it from Greg at Rocket Music :)) and can be heard at our MySpace (website embedded player isn't working atm): The Hand Of Midas | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

I used the Thumb on the songs Self-Inflicted, Has Forever Died, Forsaken, and Vicious Circle. Signal chain was Thumb NT --> Mesa Fathom/M9 Carbine --> Genz Uber 410 --> mic.

4. Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    do the Jb4 pickups run really hot?

5. Rebelmission84

Rebelmission84

Mar 14, 2011
    Hawaii
    They run real hot at full volume from the bass. Full volume going cancel the mids though. What you over the stock pickups?

6. Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    i found one clip on here and its with a fender 5 with the bardens in passive mode on full. I'm pretty blown away by the pickups. sounds like there pretty powerful/full and theres more lows/mids/highs to it. I tried there hum two/tone's today and was pretty impressed with those too.