1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eppy92, Dec 12, 2011.

1. eppy92

eppy92

Dec 12, 2011
    I'm currently playing with a 5 String Sadowsky MV-5 (P/J Hybrid) through the following:

. Ampeg SVT-4Pro
    . Ampeg 4x10 HLF

IMO, I'm not getting the bottom end, and I'm wondering if I should go then with the same head, but with the following:

. Ampeg Pro Neo 1x15
    . Ampeg Pro Neo 2x10

Any good advice? Had anyone played through Ampeg's Pro Neo's?

2. eppy92

eppy92

Dec 12, 2011
    Thank you Dr. Jim, I have thought about taking the cab to someone to check out. Your the second person suggestion something is not right, perha[s with the cab.

Good taste btw, I noticed your Sadowsky NYC P/j configuration...Sweet! Which cab, or configuration of, do you play through?

3. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    Not a suggestion, just some food for thought:

The combined conal area of the 115 + 210 will actually be less than your 410. So they will be moving less air.

However, that alone will not determine the overall performance of the paired neo's. Its still possible you could get the "bottom end" you're seeking with the neo's.

If possible, try to A/B test your current rig with the neos.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The 410hlf is one of the deepest voiced cabs there is. Either yours has an issue, or you want more low end then the rig will provide. Assuming that 15's are naturally deeper than 10's is a huge mistake.

5. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    How could a 1x15 (which has slightly more area than a 2x10) and 2x10 have LESS area than a 4x10?

Not that means everything.

Anyway, it does sound like something is up with your cab because those are supposed to be pretty deep sounding cabs.

6. Do the battery test on the HLF and make sure all the cones are moving in the same direction.

7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Sorry, I deleted my post when I saw the other thread....yeah, as many have noted, the cab may have an issue.

Thanks, my P/J is great. I often play it through an Epifani UL 410 and an M9 Carbine. Wish there were more gigs nowadays!

8. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    The 410hlf has been wired incorrectly and/or the speakers are screwed up. Lots of low end in that cab.