Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any synth doublers?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tplyons, May 2, 2005.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, I sold my drumset to make space (both physically and financially) for my up and coming synthesizer addiction. I'm learning how to play synth bass, buying doodads and knicknacks and won't think twice about any units for under a pair of twenties, so the gear may start rolling in soon.

So far I'm using a Korg SG-1D, Yamaha DX-7 and have a rackmount Peavey Spectrum Bass on the way. So far the Korg's piano sounds are being routed into the power amp section of my Hammond M-111 organ and the synthy bass sounds are being routed through my Peavey Mark VI bass amp.

Whattya got?

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Roland GR-09 guitar synth, EMU Esi-4000 sampler. I can make my own samples on my computer, then load 'em to the EMU. Honestly though, since I got my EUB I never bother with synth bass anymore. That'll change eventually though, I'm sure.

3. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Ensoniq SQ-2 keyboard connected to a laptop via Tascam US-428. Laptop runs Cubase with several VST softsynths; including a PPG, a no-name sampler and analog modeller.

Some day, I gotta get me a set of the Roland PK-5 MIDI footpedals.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, me too. I get practice on my old Hammond though. Same thing on the bottom, only not midi capable.

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I used to goof around with my monophonic Yamaha SY-1 (yamahas very first synth) but I was never in a band that could use it in any way. Now it doesnt work anymore. :crying:

6. I use a Korg DSS-1.

7. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I have an Edirol PCR-80 MIDI keyboard controller which controls my meager collection of oldschool-style software synths: Arturia Minimoog V and GForce M-Tron (Mellotron emulator). Though I like them both (the Minimoog V sounds authentic enough, though my memory may be a little fuzzy since the last time I played a real Minimoog was some 10 years ago, and the M-Tron is spot on since they sampled real Mellotrons key-for-key), I pine for some actual old hardware synths, especially a Minimoog or an Oberheim OBXa, or a Yamaha DX7IIFD (I used a DX7IIFD extensively back in '89).