Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody got a Shosty V .pdf?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by bassbaterie, Jan 21, 2005.

1. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    Since I got to "donate" my entire, extensive, pre-relationship collection of bass literature in a long-ago breakup with another bassist, I don't have the Shostakovich Symphony 5 excerpt (Mvt. 1, bars 22-27).

Does anyone have a .pdf or a .MID or a Finale file of it you can email me? bass_alive@yahoo.com

I will be most grateful. I mean I love other bass players but never THAT way again, so don't worry!

2. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    I got my Shosta V excerpt from my local community college library. It was the score, but it wasn't too hard to turn it into an excerpt...

3. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    That is a great idea, thanks Johnny. We got squat for music in the library here, so I will have to look farther afield. Bill Schettler bailed me out and sent me a file.

Are you playing the Victoria sub audition on Saturday? Maybe we'll get to meet!

Are you going to Rabbath in Houston? Or in Austin?

4. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    I'm going to try to make it to A-town for Rabbath...that will certainly be a treat. I won't be at the sub audition, but I'll be at the concert for Asleep at the Wheel.

Good Luck!

5. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    I passed the sub audition - yea! But could not stick around for ASW as I had comps for San Antonio that nite and it was a KILLER performance. Those guys are smokin! The people I know in the group said they like working with Rachleff, and it shows. Saw the ASW dress rehearsal starting up though. I bet it was a good show. See you at Francois in A-town.

6. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    Congrats and see you there!