1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody out there got a Kahler?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoisterousClam, Sep 11, 2008.

1. BoisterousClam

BoisterousClam

Sep 9, 2008
    Alabama
    Here is mine.
    jazzbass4.

2. Not the trem model but.....it is a Kahler

IcemanFull.

3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    Picture%20155.

4. I've got a Kahler trem, but it's spent the last 17 years sitting in a box. Unlike the lefty J up there, mine is the OTHER kind of Kahler bass trem, where the entirety of the trem is BEHIND the saddles.

That means that it hangs off the end of damn near every bass I've ever had, except my Alembic, and that's not getting routed.

I really want to put it on something like a Beatle copy, or maybe one of the short scale Les Paul style basses that Rondo always sells, but I've never been sure if the string spacing was narrow enough to work on a short scale.

So it sits, $200 invested in 1991, sitting and "maturing" in a box.

5. Actually, BoisterousClam, from your photo I can't tell.

Where are your saddles? Up towards the bridge pickup, or back towards the trem "cam"?

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    :D I love my Kahlers!
    Germany026.
    DSC00095.

7. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    He has the rear facing saddles, the front facing saddle version would not fit on a Jazz Bass.

8. Sad, but true. One day I'll find a bass to put it on, if I have to build the body for it.

9. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    I feel for ya.

Might I suggest a Epi Thunderbird, I'm bettin' it'd fit on there.:ninja:

10. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    I'm thinking that it will work on a Carvin. The 1989 catalog page at Carvin Museum shows a red LB70 with a Kahler with forward facing saddles, and it would be odd if the body has changed in dimensions since then. Looks the same to me.

Not that you necessarily want a Carvin.

11. Dbass3.

Heres my Ibanez with a Kahler trem. I haven't played it in years; I think I was eighteen in that pic, and my music and aesthetic tastes have changed quite a bit. I never really liked the pickups on it, either.

I've got a Jazz in the shop getting a Kahler and a P/J treatment right now. I'll post pics when it's done.

12. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    here's a close up of the Kahler on my Jackson TBX pretty popular APM2440 from back in the day.

P1010034-1.