1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone airsoft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Hey, anyone follow this hobby? For those who don't know, its kind of like paintballing but with replica rifles and pistols. Responsible players play on a closed in environment with permission from the owner for safety reasons.

2. I do

3. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I used to a couple years back. I was rockin a TM M733 with two 8.4v 1100mAh batteries. Only had the standard 70rd mag and a 300rd hi-cap though.

I had a red-dot sight and fake silencer, but i took them off because they got in the way for woodland battles.

As for a sidearm, I switched between a TM M8000 Cougar G and a UHC USP NBB, depending on if i wanted to deal with the green gas.

.20g for the M733/USP, and .25g for the Cougar.

Pretty fun, but it got old trying to find people to skirmish with.

4. I'll elaborate on my original response i guess :)

I have a BE AUG (crap) and a HFC P99 (good). When I get some extra funds, I plan on buying an JG G36C.

5. I've always wanted to know, does getting hit by a paintball hurt?

6. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Me and all my mates tried it once. Great fun but you have to rely on everyone being honest as there is no proof that you hit someone. We all had a great day even with the cheating bastages who didnt own up. It was great running around in the woods pretending you are 8 again :)

Yeah getting hit with a paintball hurts. Not so much with the airsoft though.

7. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Airsoft feels like getting hit with a BB gun at 1 or 2 pumps. If you've ever had a BB gun fight, you know what I'm talking about. Paintball hurts quite a bit more, but isn't easily compared to anything.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021