Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else find this odd?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Panther, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    My apologies if these are both valid, but geez....what are the odds?

Plus auction #2 is a brand new seller with a brand new bidder...

Pedulla 1

Pedulla 2?

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    That is odd. I kept comparing pics back and forth to see if I could see similarities in the grain or something that would show that it's the same bass.

3. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Just my opinion, but I don't think that they're the same bass. The one shot from the one that appears to be legit, shows what appears to be a nik on the headstock. Also I would expect that the pictures which look much better (the newbie auction) would be legit. I think it's a wierd coincidence.

I _DO_ however believe that the newbie seller had a friend (or second personality) bid on the bass to avoid paying any kind of reserve fees. Again, this is MY OPINION! :rollno:

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Looks like two different basses to me, based on the grain. That is a strange coincidence, though.

5. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hi,
    contact both sellers and ask for the serie #.

M