1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone else here a gamer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by afinalfantasy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Not sure if there is already a topic like this, so I apologize if there is. I'd consider myself a pretty hefty gamer, not too shabby collection (around 70 games or so). Anyone else here enjoy video games?

Right now I'm pretty much playing Left 4 Dead and the new Warhammer 40K RTS game which just came out, which are pretty fun. As well, I quit Warcraft after playing it out too much (everything clear, 4/5 T7, blah blah)

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I play games here and there... usually have a rotation of about ten or so Xbox 360 games. I've been playing LEGO Indiana Jones nonstop lately though.

3. I enjoy video games.

I'm going to the midnight launch of Resident Evil 5 on my birthday!

4. I love playing console games. I was always 2-3 years behind in terms of what the latest consoles/games are. The newest system I own is an XBox (it's back at my parent's house though). Here are the systems I own:

XBox
    Sony Playstation
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Dreamcast
    GameBoy Advance

I used to own a Nintendo, Sega Master System, Atari (can't recall which model), Nintendo 64, and one of my first was a Gemini, which would play Atari games. I wish I still had half of these. I was too young when I sold them and wasn't clever enough to try to fix the ones that were damaged.

While I've owned and played many consoles, I'd still call myself a more casual gamer. Lately I've been playing Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast and my brother and I have been playing co-op mode in NBA Live 96 on the Genesis.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ah, as I speak I have two Xbox 360's in here and a Super Nintendo.

For SNES I've got NBA Jam, NBA Jam TE, Super Mario World and F-Zero. The classics from my childhood.

I replaced my Xbox with a newer, more functional model. I'm waiting for my buddy to come up with some coin to buy the old one from me.

6. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I was a pretty hardcore PC gamer until I moved and because of my location had no choice but to get satellite internet. Crysis, Halo 2 PC, and COD4 were in my main lineup. I still play them single player, but online is were my gaming passion really is.

My girlfriend and I do often play Left 4 Dead and Halo 3 on her 360, however.

7. When I was a kid (8-12 years old), I'd spent lots of my spare time playing various shareware computer titles. Duke Nukem, BioMenace, Ken's Labyrinth, Commander Keen, Jeopardy, Classic Concentration, Xargon, and Jill of The Jungle are some of the games I remember playing. This was before I had the Internet and before I owned any TV video game systems. Plenty of fond memories from these games.

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I don't so much anymore, but during the summers, I'm a Final Fantasy FREAK. Especially FFXI.

9. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    I used to be really into gaming. Then college started. I'll boot up a game for about an hour before I go to bed to unwind, but that's the extent of my gaming now.

10. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'm just a player.

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Alternating hands doesn't count.

12. Anyone who starts a "Post Your Computer" thread is not qualified to make this statement.

13. Big PC gamer, pretty much what I do with my week nights.

Main lineup is:

Call of Duty 4
    Call of Duty: World at War
    Day of Defeat: Source
    Farcry 2
    Garrys Mod
    Grand Theft Auto 4
    Left 4 Dead
    Team Fortress 2
    Team Fortress Classic
    Zombie Panic! Source
    Counter Strike: Source
    Everything from Half Life 1&2

All through Steam.

14. CoD4 and Contra

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Is this another subtle hint? :eyebrow:

16. Pretty big gamer here much to my gf's chagrin. When HL came out, I used to play multiplayer ALL the time and ended up being in a clan and everything. I was seriously addicted until HL2 came out. I wasn't so crazy about HL2 multiplayer but LOVED the single player.

Since then there have always pretty much been at least two games on my pute. Right now it's Neverwinter Nights 2 and Far Cry 2 but I'm not really diggin' the Far Cry 2.

Really big on the FPS and RPG games. I also just love the jumpy outy games like the Silent Hills and Resident Evils.

17. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I'm replaying Mass Effect. Such a good, immersive game. Can't wait for the second.

Also, the Gears of War series has been some of the best fun I've had with my pants on in quite a while...

18. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Hi,I am machine gewehr and I'm an addict.

19. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    yep I quit warcraft too after spending an entire years total in game.... pretty sad and I'm not proud of it.

right now I play a little xbox and wii here and there but they are both dying
    drive in the xbox and the drive in the wii are going bad, so they are packed away until I move.

I like the old school games Oddessey 2 baseball > than you.
    I was also fortunate to pick one of these up a few years ago. generation-nex.
    NES/Famicom + wireless controllers + no bad cartridge contacts = win

I've also been dinking around with my commodore 64

I haven't been able to play through any newer game in a long time, kinda sad.

20. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Used to be. I played lots of Doom and Quake deathmatches and CTF until I decided that I didn't want to become this:

[​IMG]