Anyone heard off / tried this?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Kenny#2, May 19, 2004.

1. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    It looks pretty nice, stealthy. I personally have an aversion to drilling holes in the bridge, so I'd have to pass on this one.

The thing that strikes me as a bit strange; this is basically a piezo pickup that is encased in a maple plug that fits into a hole drilled in the bridge. The theory is that maple/maple contact is better for transferring sound. I fail to see the difference between this approach and using an Underwood, K&K, or any other bridge wing pickup, because at some point (in this case, within the pickup itself), maple contacts metal. Seems counterproductive to remove material from the bridge, and then replace it with a similar material, when you could instead just slide a piezo into one or both bridge wings.
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    The advantage is that you're not putting the pickup on the body or too close ot the strings. Both of those placements have been shown to blow...
  3. flatback

May 6, 2004
    Bolinas Ca
    I have tried an earlier version of this that was a brass plug drilled into the same place and the truth is it sounded damn good. You could twist it to get different aspects of the sound. But again drilling into a bridge just feels wrong and ther is the realist which sounds better and is non invasive...I haven't heard the wood version tho...