1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone played the ESP B-416? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stefean, Oct 18, 2009.

1. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    I'm seriously looking at the ESP B-416 6-string bass. Problem is no one has it in stock.
    If anyone owns or has played it, I'd like to hear your verdict.
    Thanks.

2. Thegian

Thegian

Aug 14, 2008
    I havnt played a 416, but there is a used 415 in my local Sam Ash that ive gotten a chance to play.

Necks pretty thin, not as much as a Ibanez but just bit thicker. String spacing is also pretty close not sure on the actual distance but i'd guess 16-17.5. The body of the bass has got some edges on it but its not a bit deal really. B string is tight just like the rest of the strings, you probably know its got the option for stringing thru the body or within the bridge slots which i thought was ok. Pre amp is boost/cut Bass, Mid, Treble. I'm not sure by how much but you can definitely mold you tone how you want, maybe it'll keep a bit of a dirty tone but i'm not sure as i havnt really messed with that part too much. No neck dive, little on the heavy side but its nothing big, beautiful finish and hardware. Just good modern design and tone i guess.

3. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    Thank you., Thegian