Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone see this bass?

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by gerrysb, Nov 30, 2003.

1. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Hi all. I am happy to have just joined the TB community. My name is Gerry and I am the bassist for the band Savoy Brown.http://www.savoybrown.com Maybe TB can help, maybe not. This is a longshot. Almost two years ago one of my basses was stolen while on tour in Indiana. It was a bass made for me by my friend Scott Ambush. I'm just curious to see if anyone here may have seen it. I'm posting some pix of it just before it was completed. I had one of my friends post it here over a year ago to no avail. I know it's a longshot, but I used to play with an old blues cat who had his Les Paul Junior stolen in the late 70's and he found it in a pawn shop 17 years later. So ya never know. A spalted sycamore top on an ash body, with a custom graphite/composite neck by Moses.It has Barts also. The wooden p-up covers were only temporary. Some pix are posted a couple of replies down. There are not too many of these basses out there, so that may help in spotting it. I can be reached at gerrysb2004@yahoo.com

2. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Trying to put a bigger pic here.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Alrite, who's gonna move this to lost & stolen gear?

Dude, good luck finding your instrument!

4. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Oops! I didn't see the stolen gear category. Sorry guys.

5. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Here they are.

6. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    And another.

7. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Last one.

8. [​IMG]

Gerry, welcome to talk bass and I'm really sorry someone was low enough to steal your bass. People who steal should have their hands cut off.

[​IMG]
    Treena

9. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Thank you Treena. And thank you for getting the pic up for me.

10. Your welcome Gerry!

If you have more photo's, I can host for you and give you the URL to post them if you like. Just email me.

Treena@kfrs.com

[​IMG]
    Treena

11. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    How nice of you Treena. Thank you. I'm glad I joined TB.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey gerry

welcome to talkbass. as has been pointed out, we have a forum for stolen gear, i'll move this thread over there.

i hope you find you bass, it sure is pretty nice looking.

13. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Hate to bug you Treena, but when my thread was moved over to Stolen Gear, why did the pic you put up for me vanish? :confused:

14. Because I used the talkbass forum to host your attachment, now if you look at it, you will see the photo.

I uploaded it to my site and than put it in my post, where the old link was. It's permanent now!

[​IMG]
    Treena

15. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    You're just terrific Treena. Thanks.

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

17. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Damn.....your good!!!:D

18. Raman

Raman

Feb 19, 2003
    Montreal, Qc
    Savoy Brown... Great band !
    I have a couple albums here.

Good luck for the bass. :(

19. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    How did you like the sound? I always liked Ambush's playing, but never knew anybody who owned his bass.

20. gerrysb

gerrysb

Nov 30, 2003
    NY
    Lenko...The bass had a wonderful tone. Being able to switch from HB to single coil gave it great versatility. To me the HB has a Ken Smith type of sound. The single coils had a modern jazz bass sound. All in all a great bass.
    Raman...Thank you. It's a long shot!!
    G