1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone tried the Eminence 3010LF yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arjank, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Just strolled around the Eminence site and noticed the 3010LF is available. I did have the deltalite 2510 II some years ago and dropped it in the garbage bin after I purchased the Oberton 10B200 (what a difference!). On paper though, the 3010LF should be able to shove a bit more air then the Oberton, it should provide a 2-3dB increase in maximum spl (in the lows), doesn't sound like much but it could be the last step in maximizing my 210.
    The TSP of the 3010LF are also a match for the cabinet I made for my 210.
    So, any tried it yet?

http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=Kappalite_3010LF

2. I expect it to have the same mid range roll off as the 30xxLF drivers, so not going to work as a full range speaker. That said I know Greenboy has a fEARless 110 based off of this driver coming down the pipeline.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yep. I believe Greenboy has at least one to work with. He's been in friendly contact with Eminence since winter NAMM, and I've seen at least one picture with the lil' speaker.

4. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    My 210 has a coaxial mid/high driver which takes over at 400hz, so it ain't no problem for my design.

5. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Here's a pic of my cab, will be a bit tricky to get these 3010LF's in....

6. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Wow, not what I was expecting at all. Spl is already pretty low to begin with, then takes a dip down to about 90db around 400-500hz. Sort of does what a bp102 does.

Xmax is nice. Thermal handling and xlim are up there far enough you could abuse the hell out of the thing, but would have to to get any output. Seems it might take a substantial size box to reach deep, but, I'll figure that out later.

May work out alright in something like Arjank's box where it gets passed off at 400 anyway. Any higher and you lose a good bit of output where you need it.

7. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Sep 23, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    If you don't have any use for the Deltalite, I can dispose of if for you. :bassist:

8. There may even be a prototype build...

[​IMG]

9. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    I've looked into this driver and have been talking to Eminence since the early conception of the 3010 series and for our goals, I just don't see much of a price/performance benefit of this driver compare to the 3012 series. In these days of high neo prices, I think the 3012's just offer more bang for the buck. Yes, you could pull off a great 410 cab with these, but it would make one expensive cab. There was always talk of a 3010HO as well.

10. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I think Dave's take on it was similar to yours...but I also think he's realized that there is a market for lower volume, small/light cabs for folks. I wouldn't mind one for home use.

11. +1

The 3010LF is really only going to appeal to people wanting a very specific cab, and dont care about the price point. The 3015lf costs the same as the 30112lf, if not less. If the 10 is anywhere near that cost, there are more economic options.

12. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    The reason I used two 10's instead of one 15 is because when wired in parallel you get 4ohms and it just happens to be that most amps give allmost twice the power at 4ohms. The Bugera I use only delivers 225watts at 8ohms, at 4ohms it's 375watts. Even these 375watts can not push the Oberton 10B200's to their limits.

So, when I would switch to these 3010LF's I also need a new amp that can at least pump out 600watts to make benefit of the increased headroom.

Maybe I just stick to the Oberton's, they were allready a big improvement over all other 10's I ever used.

13. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Like I said I (literally) dropped them in the garbage bin, no kidding.... :bag:

14. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    A 10 with such a low fs and high Mms can not have a high sensitivity. It's more like a CarSub/PAwoofer hybrid. This driver should indeed not be used over 400hz, it has a destructive resonance at 500hz.

15. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Just simulated the 3010LF vs 10B200 in a 32liter box tuned at 48hz.
    Like I allready thought, the 3010LF has about the same lowend response as the 10B200(the 10B200 is slighty more efficient). The max spl is around 3dB higher between 50 and 120hz (which is due to the higher xmax, 5,75mm vs 8,50mm).
    So, will I gain much hmmmm, no. The 3dB isn't worth it (especially if I do not buy a power(full)amp to drive them).

16. Bass Unique

Bass Unique

Nov 3, 2011
    Wiltshire
    Looks just like my latest design, vertical slot port to the right, 3 way in same arrangement! Must be good then ;-)

17. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Wrong Cab. That's a fEARful 12-cube.

The 10" cab is on the right.