Anyone try the Behringer Delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Vic Winters, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    If so, what are your thoughts?

2. I am interested in hearing anything about this pedal too. I would like to have a delay pedal to play around with, but for now I really can't justify dropping over $100 on one.

the behringer says it delays up to 1.8 secs, how does that rate against the dd3/5/6?

3. Haven't yet tried one, but I will be buying one at some point.

The Behringer Delay (1800ms) sits in front of the DD-3 (800ms) and just behind the DD-5 (2000ms) and DD-6 (2600ms)

4. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Fender & Serek addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Bump....:help:

5. ZGotts

ZGotts

Sep 17, 2007
    Virginia
    Yup.. I had one. It worked fine for messin with around the house, a little harsh sounding for a gig.

I ended up getting a digidelay.

6. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    My Guitarist has one. It sounds OK but it's nothing special. I wouldn't exactly class it as gig worthy, anyway.

You buy a really cheap effect, it'll come back to bite you in the ass when you least expect it.

7. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I bought it specifically for the harshness, but it broke in less than an hour. I bought another one, and it was already broke when I got it. That was the end of my quest.

8. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    One Behringer pedal down:rolleyes:....

100 more to go!:D

9. Get a DD3. Simple to use and good quality.

10. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    A used digidelay is also a good choice.

11. The one i borrowed worked ok for guitar. But on bass it was a miserable failure of the highest order. After a few minutes of mucking around it would just repeat a bell like pattern loudly that had nothing to do with any of the settings it was set to and the only way to stop it would to unplug it. Then if i re-plugged it back in within a few minutes of this problem - it would start making this sound immediately BEFORE I HAD EVEN PLUCKED A STRING.

I eventually bought myself a DD20 and couldn't be happier. I recommend the boss DD's for digital delay.

12. Kraken

Kraken

Jun 19, 2001
    Aylesbury, England
    I have a Behringer Digital Delay and I find it a really clean sounding quality Pedal.

OK it is in a plastic case and does need to be treated a little bit gently (unlike the Metal clad Boss pedals) but for a solid state pedal, for under £20! really is a good deal!

13. I had a Behringer delay DD-100. At the beginning I was ok with it, but increasingly I had noise issues, untill they were untolerable. on/of, didn't matter, the pedal was very very noise. Also the hold function never really worked. I upgraded to a DD-20, but there are some boss clones which are just a tad more expensive and a lot better quality than the behringer delay.
    see here
    http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/GLX/DD-100/10/1

I must add though that I do have also a behringer bass chorus and bass overdrive, and while they are no where nere great, they do the job ok, considering the price.

14. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    How do you mean "least"? I sit and wait for my cheap ones to break (w00t for redundancy on the board) and am pleasantly surprised when they don't. That said, I'm not gonna touch a Behringer with a twelve-foot pole.

I don't remember how much delay time is on the DD-3, but the DD-6 gets up to 5.2 sec and the DD-20 gets 20-something I think.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021