1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone Try the Trace Elliott Elf 1x10 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Thoughts on these?

TRA-110C_3_1024x1024.

MuffledBoomy likes this.
  2. Adorable.

3. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Small, efficient, extended low end. You can't have all 3 in one cabinet.

4. Quadzilla

So it has a 3 or not?

5. Basscasey

Basscasey

Apr 17, 2018
    Portland, OR
    I doubt you'll get much extended low end with a single 10.

6. Quadzilla

I was thinking of stacking two . Plus, I only play 4 string basses.

7. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    You can get extended low end out of single 10, but it has to be designed to do that, and...it won't do low and loud very well. I have a 110 cabinet, and it goes low, but it's very specifically designed for a gig I play where I don't need to get loud. It's also bigger then what you're looking at.

2 of them will give you 6 dB more output. Probably OK??

8. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Is it a Trace Elliot ELF?

I thought we'd debunked the "all 10's sound the same" myth here at TalkBass. ;)

dralionux likes this.
  9. ExGinger

ExGinger

May 30, 2015
    I just got a 2x10 micro stack. I play 4-string. The low E sounds authoritative and fine. The weight is mind-blowing. The Elf amp has got that TE tone. No gigs on it yet :)

19sixty3 and yodedude2 like this.
  10. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    i have a NHT sub in the studio ... single 10 , specs state down to 15hz ... but it is a specific 'sub' driver .. !

11. I have the Elf and two of those Elf 1x10 cabs. I use them for home practice and I've been using one of those cabs for band practice. I play 4 and 5 string basses. I've never heard complaints about it being too quiet (or too loud). It reproduces all the sounds I need to be productive. I'm itching to play them out live. I'm thinking that with some PA assistance, it'll be alright for personal monitoring at a gig. Maybe?

19sixty3 and dralionux like this.
  12. Michael135

Michael135

Oct 26, 2018
    The 110 is inadequate on its own if you are competing with drums and guitars. As a solo practice amp it’s fantastic. The paper 6db boost from adding a second cab is sizable; I may give it a try.