Anyone using the Ampeg 6x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Sep 11, 2004.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    A couple of weeks ago, I almost ended up with this cabinet, but decided to stick with my GK cab. Well, today, a local store was having a sale on all their Ampeg items, and the 6x10 was marked down to $650, so I laid some money down on it, and its locked in layaway. I've tried this cab abit before and was highly impressed. Its the only Ampeg cabinet I've ever truly liked. What do the other users think of it? Anyone using it with a GK 1001RB-II?
  2. jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    i have ampeg 610 for sell wanna buy?
  3. I used to use the SVT610HLF too boomy for me i sold it for the SVT15 and SVT410HE which together sound better. The SVT610 sounds dark and is nothing like the punchy SVT810 this is because its a ported cab so its not mid range punch its low bass boom. I tried hard to like it but sold it in the end.
  4. I use the 6x10 and I love it. It is a nice happy medium between the 410HLF and the 810E. If you try one out and it ain't punchy enough for ya, tweak your EQ, and if it still don't work, move on. It is definitely the more 'hi-fi' sounding cab than the rest of the Classic series, especially than the 810. Looking at your current gear, you tend to go for that modern clear sound, rather than the vintage sound (in which I would reccomend the 810), however, the 610 is capable of both. I swear by this cab and plan to get another one + poweramp to go with my SVT3-PRO. Best thing to do is get down to your dealer and plug YOUR amp in to the cab. I sure your dealer would be happy to do this.

I used to use an ashdown ABM410H and a ABM115-500, and then got this cab. I don't miss the 1x15! This thing has some serious low end!

Good luck

Glenn Minnikin
    United Kingdom
  5. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I can't I'm locked into this layaway, and its non refundable. How do you like the cabinet your GK 800RB?
  6. Great cab, I love it but I'm selling mine because I'm getting too old to be moving it around. I ran the SVT-CL with mine and was nothing but happy with the sound. Make sure you don't shut the horn completely off.
  7. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Why shut the horn down completely?
  8. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    but got rid of it 'cause it was just a pain to lug around. I switched to a 410he over an SVT15e. Easier to move around and lift by myself if I have to. IMO the 610hlf sounded better, but both rigs sound great.
  9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got Chris's and i love it, thanks again Chris. So much so that im getting another one when i get back in the states. I use an ampeg b4r into it and it sounds amazing and loud. Id think that a GK would sound good into it from what ive heard from GK. Your already more or less locked in the deal, get it and if you hate it sell it for close or exactly what you paid for it. Its not really possible to move it up or down stairs by yourself so be warned. Once your on level ground though the casters get you anywhere youd wanna go.