1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Apple Mail help....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kissmybASS01, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Here's the situation: I'm running OSX 10.4.11 on my 1st gen aluminum imac. Every morning (without fail) apple mail asks me to re-enter my password. I re-enter it and click the "remember password? box, but it doesn't seem to remember.:confused:

Under my POP accounts tab, everything looks ok. My pass is there along with the correct user name, server names, etc. Under the advanced tab, the port is at 110 Use SSL is unchecked, and below for authentication, it says password.

What the heck is going on:( It's getting very annoying. Maybe my mac is suffering from the same effects of "cooking with aluminum..."
    This password Alzheimers seems to only affect mail. It remembers all my other login/pass stuff for websites (incl. TB), etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!:bassist:

2. <bump>
    :bag:
    Helloooooooo??? Anybody there? I can hear you out there.

3. I have that happen occasionally. 2 things you can try. Quit email and restart. That usually fixes it for awhile. Then, repair permissions.

Its seems to be something that just happens.

4. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I'd say do a restart and clear your p-ram (hold down opt+apple+p+r when your screen goes black and hold it for two startup tones). Then repair your disk permissions in disk utility. Just a maintenance thing.

5. try to open up your keychain (in system preferences) and deleting the password in question. next time you enter the password, it might stick. if not, it might be a problem with the email server you're using. i use hotmail with my mail application and it sometimes bugs and asks for my password, especially if i try to retrieve new mail too often.

6. Thanks guys! I just tried these suggestions, and we'll see how it goes tomorrow morning..

7. Didn't work:crying: I tried erasing password, restarting with the memory clean, and the keychain thing. Guess the quest continues... <sigh>

8. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Punch your computer in the face....I have this problem time to time at work, I usually restart and type my password about 10 times and it works. You might want to contact your POP host. Sometimes there is something goofy going on their end.

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i think i had that issue with 10.4.11, i ended up erasing the account and started over..

don't have that issue with .5 and .6 SL

10. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Buy a cheap PC... it isn't as financially painful when you toss it down the stairs.

11. Maybe so, but if the worst of my problems involves having to constantly re-type a mail password, I'm glad I went Mac :)

As long as I don't start GASing for the new latest iMac with the 27" screen:rollno: