Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

April Fools Day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tifa, Apr 1, 2005.

1. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    So, anyone get fooled today? maybe you were the fool-er?

Me.... nope. Boring day!

share your april fools tales here!

:)

2. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Nothing yet, but my day is still young. I might try to pull a fast one on a friend or something. Beyond that, nothing planned. I try not to use my big jokes and pranks on day they're most expected ;)

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i work with a bunch of scientists and engineers. its not going to be a very exciting day around here. you would think these people would use their powers and knowledge for evil on a day like this. :meh:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's 8 in the morning here in the US east coast-earlier further west. If anyone tried to pull a prank on me this early in the morning I'd kill them.

5. The guy next to me logged on to a co-worker's PC and went back to his desk. When she asked "who's logged on to my PC?" he said, "What an awesome April Fool's prank."

6. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

My best friend called me into his office (he was my boss at the time), very somberly asked me to sit down and then explained that my mom died.
    Then came the "April fools" and "now, don't you feel betterknowing it was just a joke."

We moved into an apartment together on April 1st, we figuered it was a joke on them.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That is the worst joke ever.

brad cook

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    last year on april fool's day, some idiots at my high school planted a fake bomb in one of the bathrooms.

everyone in the school had to evacuate, and we were out there for about three to four hours in the hot florida sun. and i didn't have any sunscreen (as i didn't expect to be outside at all).

we had to wait until the bomb squad arrived and took care of the device. by exploding it.

so eventually the people (i think there was more than just one) got caught and presumably expelled, and i was purple for a few days.

it was hysterical. :scowl:

9. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I e-mailed my wife and told her that her brother (that I work with) just got hauled out by the cops.

She called me back wondering what was going on..."Oh, you wouldn't believe it! Your brother is still here because it's APRIL FOOLS!!!"

We had a good laugh over that. good thing she's got a sense of humor. :)

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't find any humor in telling someone that their mother has died, or planting fake bombs in high schools.

-Mike

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Agreed, those are not funny at all.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The Guardian Newspaper has a front-page story about Prince Charles being made "Countryside Tsar" by the Labour Government - it gives the game away by saying how a focus group called "Yo Guv!" found that Camilla had a high approval rating!! ;)

It also says things like how Charles has agreed for travellers and Gipsies to camp for free on his large country estates!! :D

13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    One time, a friend, whom I was very close to, pointed at my shirt and said I had a stain on it. I was shocked (I was wearing a brand new shirt at the time) and looked down to try and find the stain he was talking about. However, as I was looking down to where he was pointing, his finger started ascending very quickly and end up flicking the tip of my nose, causing me some discomfort.

I was very embarrassed. (Turned out there wasn't really a stain on my shirt...that was just part of the ruse).

14. That cad.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's classic, old boy! I'll have to remember that little humdinger.

Reminds me of when someone once called to inquire about the functionality of my refrigerator. When I answered that it was indeed functioning appropriately they suggested that I should go and capture it. I quickly became alarmed and ran to my kitchen only to find that my regrigerator remained where I'd previously left it. Boy was my face red when, after some puzzlement, I realized that I'd been the butt of an elaborate prank. The fraternity boys must have been planning these hijinks for months.

brad cook

16. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Haha, I actually laughed at this one. This has made my day :0

17. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    we are obviously not intelligent enough to comprehend their rapier-like wit. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that sucks! i'd have been really mad.

18. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Check out the upper left corner of your TB screen. I suddenly feel like I'm at a Bass Pro Shop or something! :p

19. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Ha! I never noticed that before.

20. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

*chortle chortle* Capital show! They played you for quite the rube, if I do say so myself. Jolly good,wot.