1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aram??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soontobedead, Jan 27, 2006.

1. soontobedead

soontobedead

Jul 14, 2005
    hello, there!

background story ---> A few days ago I was asked to play in my friend's band, so we went to the gu*tar player's house (where the rehearsal room is) and he has loads of gear and i spotted this really nice looking 4 string. I check the headstock and the brand was "Aram" :)confused: )... i asked how much he got it for and he told me around 300 bux.
    Besides rusty strings and kinda subpar pups, I really liked it because the wood (which seemed to be ash) had a beautiful grain pattern, was heavy and had this tinted finish that looked yellow/golden-ish which made it look aged and the balance was really nice w/ no neck dive at all.
    I was wondering if any of you people knew about this brand... i googled "Aram" and i found the page of this british dude who makes acoustic guitars at fairly high prices but found nothing about bass :rollno: .

Thanks in advance
    STBD

2. no clue

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

We have a very nice Talk Basser named Aram here.

4. soontobedead

soontobedead

Jul 14, 2005
    yes... i know... i used the search function and all it returned was threads with this dude... he's held in high steem, aparently