1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM C115-500 EVOIII + ??????????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dmm123, Feb 26, 2008.

1. dmm123

dmm123

Feb 23, 2008
    I recently bought the Ashdown ABM 500 with the 15" speaker. So far its been great, really driving me along! However, my only concern is that when moving further up the fretboard, the midrange really disappears!

I was wondering what people would recommend to get the midrange i.e. im thinking that a cab (probably 2x10") could solve the problem????

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    probably

3. only4

only4

Aug 12, 2006
    Manchester UK
    I have the same combo and it is my aim to pair it up with the ABM 2-10 when finances allow.

4. dmm123

dmm123

Feb 23, 2008
    What do you think to the MAG210T cab cus although id love the ABM, funds arn't goin my way at the mo an i need a cab pretty quick cus iv gt a few gigs cumin up?

5. only4

only4

Aug 12, 2006
    Manchester UK
    The only thing i know about the MAG2-10t is that it is only rated at 250watts in comparison to the 400watt ABM so i'm not too sure, it depends on if you can trust yourself with the output level!!

6. dmm123

dmm123

Feb 23, 2008
    Yer thats what I dnt rly understand. Because the amp is so much more powerful than the cab, what are the consequences when the output is turned up???

7. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Had the exact same cab. Paired it up with an Avatar Neo 2X10. Sounded good. Plenty of power for just about any situation. Depending on your location I'd go for the Avatar. I've since moved on from both of those.

Seemed to me that amp always had that hard and heavy old school rock sound no matter what cabs I went through with the 15. Sounded great but it was only that one sound I could seem to get out of it. I seemed to loose notes when I went up the neck until I started using my Status neck'd bass.The guitar player and drummer at the time even got excited by it.

I don't care much for the mag cabs. I've heard the original series sound good but the new ones just don't do it for me.

Let us know what you end up with and how you like it. Pics never hurt either.

Andy