Ashdown APM600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 00soul, May 26, 2005.

1. 00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
  2. 00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
    havent been able to find too much infor on these. all ive seen is the newer 1000 version with the handles. anyone know anything?

cant even find reviews
  3. 00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
    i noticed that there is barley any knobs on it, does this require a pre-amp?
  4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    yup- it's just a power amp. that does look like a good price, but i've no idea what power amps go for...
  5. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004

Okay, braddah, had me going here, as I'm a very satisfied owner of an Ashdown amp. :eyebrow:

So... right off the bat I thought you made a "typo error" by listing your amp in question as an APM... rather than ABM... I went to Ashdown's website to see if they feature any APM amps, and... as you guessed it... they don't... well, that's not entirely true, either! This APM of your interest looks very much like Ashdown's "ABM APM 1000 EVO II Power Amplifier", and I suggest you go here for a look, if you haven't already:

As you'll see, the ABM APM 1000, etc, etc... is, indeed, a stereo power amp, and a beautiful piece of equipment IMHO! I've no idea what it sells for, as, where I bought my Ashdown amp, doesn't have this particular head listed. Bass Central, down there in sunny Florida, does have this head listed, but they're showing a price of $1999... but that's retail, and only fools pay retail... right?

So, after going through all of this, I suppose I'll just have to look at the one you found, and directed me to that link. It clearly says "Old Style...", so this must've been an Ashdown piece that's been discontinued, and, if it's a 600 watt stereo amp, like they say, then I'd have to believe 400 bucks is a pretty damn good price! ;)

Gotta go... stay cool! :cool: