1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown MAG 300C-210 combo + Underwood pickup

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by akuma12, Aug 9, 2005.

1. akuma12

akuma12

Aug 25, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Hi folks

I was wondering if anyone has any experience playing upright through an Ashdown MAG 300 head/combo? I'll probably be getting the 210 combo, as I fell in love with the sound and price for electric, but was curious if it would be compatible with a bass equipped with an Underwood pickup. It's got a 5 band EQ, but I was also wondering if I'd need to get a preamp to keep it from going WOOOOOM on me :) Thanks!

Jim

2. I have played URB that had the underwood pick up ( shortly getting the underwood for mine) and eq pedal and it is great. I also played that set up in an Ashdown amps and all I can say is wow. I am a slapaholic, so I play mostly rockabilly but other slappers swear by that set up. I will also shortly be switching to an Ashdown ABM series amp (sounds a little better in my opinion and other slappers think so too). Also, you are not going to need a preamp, the eq takes care of that for you. Hope this helps.

3. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri