Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown MAG 300C-210 combo + Underwood pickup

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by akuma12, Aug 9, 2005.

1. akuma12

akuma12

Aug 25, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Hi folks

I was wondering if anyone has any experience playing upright through an Ashdown MAG 300 head/combo? I'll probably be getting the 210 combo, as I fell in love with the sound and price for electric, but was curious if it would be compatible with a bass equipped with an Underwood pickup. It's got a 5 band EQ, but I was also wondering if I'd need to get a preamp to keep it from going WOOOOOM on me :) Thanks!

Jim

2. I have played URB that had the underwood pick up ( shortly getting the underwood for mine) and eq pedal and it is great. I also played that set up in an Ashdown amps and all I can say is wow. I am a slapaholic, so I play mostly rockabilly but other slappers swear by that set up. I will also shortly be switching to an Ashdown ABM series amp (sounds a little better in my opinion and other slappers think so too). Also, you are not going to need a preamp, the eq takes care of that for you. Hope this helps.

3. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri