Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown MAG 300H Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrapBass, Jun 2, 2004.

1. CrapBass

CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Hi, I was just messing around earlier and came across this head. I have heard that Ashdown is a pretty good brand. This seems like a good head for only $300. Take a look.

http://www.music123.com/Ashdown-MAG-300H-i73072.music

Do any of you have some opinions on this head? Is it good? Bad? Let me know what you think.

Thanks A Lot
    Mike :)

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I use a MAG 200 combo and I'm getting a second from a TBer shortly.... I'm also thinking about picking the new Head up too.

The new ones are produced in China, not England... that's why the price came down so low.

3. I have the 300w MAG combo with a 2 x 10 speaker. its great, mine was made in England but still had a low price tag on it. Give it a go, oh and if you have any problems (someone plugged a minidisk system into mine and turned it up which almost overloaded the input and made a great burning smell) the people at Ashdown are so helpful.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ive never had experiance with the mag equitment, however, i have had a lot of experiance with the abm stuff. great great gear. i love it. hasnt let me down yet and it always sounds good. my only complaint is that it is very low end-ish. in other words, it takes time to get a good eq setting that lets you have the high end.