Ashdown MAG 300H Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrapBass, Jun 2, 2004.

1. CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Hi, I was just messing around earlier and came across this head. I have heard that Ashdown is a pretty good brand. This seems like a good head for only $300. Take a look.

Do any of you have some opinions on this head? Is it good? Bad? Let me know what you think.

Thanks A Lot
    Mike :)
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I use a MAG 200 combo and I'm getting a second from a TBer shortly.... I'm also thinking about picking the new Head up too.

The new ones are produced in China, not England... that's why the price came down so low.
  3. I have the 300w MAG combo with a 2 x 10 speaker. its great, mine was made in England but still had a low price tag on it. Give it a go, oh and if you have any problems (someone plugged a minidisk system into mine and turned it up which almost overloaded the input and made a great burning smell) the people at Ashdown are so helpful.
  4. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ive never had experiance with the mag equitment, however, i have had a lot of experiance with the abm stuff. great great gear. i love it. hasnt let me down yet and it always sounds good. my only complaint is that it is very low end-ish. in other words, it takes time to get a good eq setting that lets you have the high end.