1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown MAG cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ocoaibass, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ocoaibass

ocoaibass

Jan 9, 2010
    Found a 2x10t & a 1x15t at my local shop, both in "like new" condition. $149 each, with leather covers included!!! I grabbed these guys up immediately.

I took them to our studio & hooked them up. So clear, punchy, & articulate. I use way too much overdrive & my pickups seemed too hot for them, though. I got a lot of feedback from time to time, so they probably aren't going to be good for high volume shows. Stoked to use them for recordings, though.

Anyone here have or have had these in their possession? Did I get a good deal? Do you like them?

I know they'll be a great investment & probably do me well down the line, when I no long want to burst eardrums & pull back muscles with my Ampeg 2x15 refrigerator. I have visions of a Trace Elliot or GK solid state head sitting on top of these while a Geddy Lee Jazz bass with flatwounds sits in my lap.

2. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

They do have tweeters, which don't tend to like overdrive much. That's why I sold mine. And yeah, you got a pretty good deal, I think.