Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown MAG

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tormos, Jun 9, 2004.

1. tormos

tormos

Jun 5, 2004
    I have tried out several amps and I think I like the Ashdown MAG series the best. I was playing on a MAG300 head on a MAG 4x10 deep cabinet.

I loved the sound, I loved the flexability, and I loved the price. I am 99% sure I am getting it.

But... I was just wondering if anyone has heard or seen first hand anything negative about the series or brand. I have been reading around and only really seen positives.

Thanks for the help.

:meh: also, i was wondering if anyone had any info on ordering stuff from www.zzounds.com

are they trustworthy? efficient? whatever?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've got 2 MAG combos (older ones)

I'm stepping up to a Traynor Tube head and a Schroeder Cabinet in the very near future, But I plan to at least keep one of the combos. I might get the new MAG head as a back up to the Traynor head.

3. my experience has been that these amps kick arse. powerful, clear sound, plenty of punch and growl. good build quality too, no extra tone controls. gotta love the subharmoniser

4. I've been looking for a bass amp for a while now. I even have a recent thread on Ashdown from a few days ago. I just pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered the C210T combo (2 x 10" with tweeter). I figure that if I ever need more speaker, I could add a 1x15 or 2x10 extension cab.

As far as quality, I've been looking for commentary here and all over the net. I've only read positives. In fact, the only negative thing I've heard about Ashdown came from a local (San Diego) bass shop. The place deals in fairly high end stuff, and used to carry Ashdown. I called to ask why the Ashdown stuff is no longer carried. They told me that they break down. Take that for what it's worth. :confused: I've never heard or read anything negative anywhere else.