1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Studio 10 vs Fender Rumble 40

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chris345, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Ashdown Studio 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fender Rumble 40

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Chris345

Chris345

Sep 14, 2020
    Ashdown Studio 10 vs Fender Rumble 40.
    Which has better round tone?
    (Only use for practice at low volume!)

2. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I had the Fender and sold it. I have an Ampeg combo and kept that. The Fender just had an odd boxie sound and the overdrive died after a few months. Never used it so it wasn't a problem, but still.... The Fender is a decent amp and many love them, it just wasn't doing anything for me. I like the Ampeg sound so that may have something about why the Fender never clicked for me. Had an old Ashdown head once and loved it. Warm for a SS amp and would love to try an Ashdown again one day, but I have more heads than I need as it is. I've never tried the Ashdown Studio 10 but sure would love to!

3. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    Being a major Trace-Elliot fanboy from back in the day, I'd want to at least try the Ashdown.

4. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    What kind of tone are you going for? How is the used gear market around you?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021