1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ATK700 Wiring without the circuit board

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by CoarseBass, Mar 29, 2013.

1. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Dec 28, 2002
    After years of tinkering, pretty hamfistedly, with my ATK700, I'd like to return the ATK pickup wiring to something close to stock.

Currently it's wired up with a P pickup and a DPDT to switch between the aft coil and both coils in parallel, with a blend pot to balance the pickups and a OBP-3 handling EQ.

I'd like to regain the original ATK switch functionality - parallel, single coil, and treble cut single coil. This was accomplished via a small circuit board and a SP3T (If I remember correctly).

My original switch and circuit card are long gone, and I can't recall how the filtering was done, probably a cap to ground, but I'm not sure if that is right, and if it is, what an appropriate cap value would be.

Does anyone know how to get the original functionality without the original parts? Any ATK700 owners capable of taking some pictures of their switch board?

2. GCYPbass

GCYPbass

Mar 29, 2013
    London, Cyprus
    I have one of those monsters :) will try to take a photo asap.

3. GCYPbass

GCYPbass

Mar 29, 2013
    London, Cyprus
    This may help.

Attached Files:

4. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Dec 28, 2002
    Thanks, that is definitely a start.