Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Atlanta bass tutor

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by papajune, Feb 28, 2005.

1. papajune

papajune

Jan 5, 2005
    Atlanta
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, Ashdown Amplifiers
    Im having a really hard time finding a professional, giging and sessions bassist in atlanta to understudy. Im hoping for an internship, menteeship, or at the very least lessons from a high calliber musician. Im at an intermediate stage of my career as a bassist and need guidance from a seasoned vet. Im really hoping to get in touch with david labruyere but am not sure if he is even in atlanta still. Im looking for the pino, dela, kai eckhardt influnce but spanning across all style. I have theory knowledge and graduated from Atlanta institute of music, as well as work with three separate projects. PLease drop me a line if you know of anyone.

thanks, Chris Price

2. papajune

papajune

Jan 5, 2005
    Atlanta
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, Ashdown Amplifiers
  3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Ask around, and get Russ Rogers' number. He is the BEST teacher in town, period. Tell him I sent you.

4. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    See http://russrodgersbassguitar.com/ for his number and info. But actually, if you graduated from the Atlanta Institute of Music, you probably already know him...