Attachable foot 'paddles'

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by Anon2962, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    I sit real low when I'm playing (only slightly higher than a cellist sits), with both feet on the ground. Although I haven't had any problems so far, I imagine at some stage I'm going to be sharing a stand with someone who's tall and sits high, which'll mean trouble. I was wondering if there were any 'foot paddles' available that'd attach to my stool . They'd have come out much more than the footrest in the picture to replicate the position my feet are at when they're on the ground. I've seen what I'm talking about on really expensive bass stools, but of course I'd prefer not to have to pay so much. Any ideas?
  2. neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
  3. chaurett

chaurett Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Storrs Mansfield
    I use a guitar footstool. You can get a metal adjustable one at most music stores for $10 - 15. It won't attach to your stool but I find it pretty comfortable.
  4. Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    thanks guys, both good ideas. ideally i'd like to have something attached to the stool, but has a flat surface... maybe the guitar footrests (accelerator pedals!) would do, but it'd be ackward bringing them around everywhere. attachable would definately be better.
  5. Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    i still havent thought of an alternative, so might have to go with the guitar footrest idea. Chaurette: what happens when you have to turn pages? does it (or they if you use 2!) not ever move out of position?