1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Attaching a Radial JDI (foam bottom) to a Pedaltrain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Low Key, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Low Key

Low Key Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago
    I am considering attaching my Radial JDI to a Pedaltrain. The PT has industrial strength velcro. The JDI has a soft foam on the bottom, making me concerned about how well it would work to stick Velcro to it.

Do people generally stick the velcro to the foam, or is there a better way to secure it to a PT?

I tried searching but couldn't find much information on this.

Thanks!

2. cable ties would be your best bet i reckon.... just loop them through the slots on the PT and round your DI

3. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    Turn it upside down, and put the velcro on the side without the foam?

Remove the foam and then put velcro on it?

Use plastic cable ties?

4. T Bassman

T Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    I did exactly what you are looking to do with no problems at all. Just make sure to position the Radial on the board, so the there is easy access to the XLR, so you don't have to move the box around too much when plugging in. Its been super handy to have on my Pedaltrain actually. I run it after my Sansamp VT, and just bring my Pedalboard to informal recording sessions, and gigs with backline with ease. I say go for it!

5. Low Key

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Did you stick velcro to the foam bottom, or use a different method to attach it to the board? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the other suggestions.

6. Low Key

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago
    I tried cable ties and couldn't get it secured down. I may just remove the foam and add velcro.