Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attaching Pics to PM's

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by das216, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Hi

Your FAQ says "To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive."

I want to send a pic to someone but I don't see a browse icon anywhere.

What am I missing here?

Sorry if this is not the place to post.

Dave :help:

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry for the late reply. You cannot attach images to PM's - only posts on the forums.

3. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I know this is going to sound dumb but I've never been able to figure out how to attach images to my posts. Pretty much everyone else seems to understand how to do this except me. The instructions in the FAQ section made absolutley no sense to me.

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry for the terrible FAQ. When you post, underneath where you type, there's a box called "Additional Options". In here, you'll find a button titled "Manage Attachments". Click that and it should open a popup where you can add attachments. Click the 'upload' button to upload, and close this popup when done. Now, back on the original window, you'll see your attachment filename in that same "Additional Options" box. Finish up typing your post, and hit 'submit' to send it through.

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Thanks much Paul.