Attention - Chicago!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stompfrog, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Hi,

I am from Reading, England and I have recently sent my bands demo to a DJ called Robert English who has a new music show called TBA on a rock radio station called WKQX-FM 101. ( DJ said that he liked the demo and would play it on his show.

I have never even been to America, let alone Chicago and I was wondering what the reputation of this radio station was like? Should I be excited by this airplay or is absolutley no-one going to be listening to it? I think the show is 8-9pm on sundays.

Thanks Chicago, I'm sure I will visit you all soon!!
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Q101 has been the biggest "alternative" station in the city for quite a while. A few others have come and gone, but they have all changed formats while Q101 has maintained it's corner of the radio market. In the early 90's it was Nirvana all the time, in the late 90's it was Rage and similar bands all the time, now it kinda goes between modern rock and emo. You know, that kind of station.

They still have techno music late on Friday and Saturday nights, I believe.

If your music is being played on Q101, there will be plenty of people listening.
  3. Thats awesome. Thank you very much for the reply. Its good to know. That has definately brightened up another boring day in the office :)

God Bless America (Mostly Chicago) :bassist:
  4. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I live in Minneapolis so I've naturally visited Chicago due to proximity--that and work. It's a fabulous city, and I really wouldn't mind moving there. There's nothing like taking the red line out to Addison, and hanging out at the bars around Wrigley Field when the Cubs play. It is absolutely a blast.

If you ever get a chance to visit the states, visit Chicago if you get an opportunity.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    It's funny, when you live around the city your whole life, you accept what it is as "normal". I've always wondered what it would be like to look at Chicago through fresh eyes - as a tourist, as someone who has never been here, or someone who has only read about it in the paper. Makes me wonder what comes to people's minds when they think of Chicago, kind of like what comes to my mind when I think of NY, or SF, or LA.