1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attn: EBS Octabass owners!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Allen_VA, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Allen_VA

Allen_VA

Sep 17, 2008
    Hokietown, VA
    I'm new to the world of octave-bass, jumping right in with the EBS octabass. I'm having some difficulty with the octave triggering - it cuts in and out sometimes, even playing very slowly and deliberately. Right now, it's the only pedal in the chain.

Anyone have suggestions as to what causes this, how to prevent it, and where the "best spots" on the bass are for consistent octave play? It seems from the 5th fret on the D and G strings (up to the 15th fret) are prime areas for play. Any general tips would be appreciated!

Tobias Growler 5-string (ca 1998) active Bartolini
    Washburn Taurus T14 - string (ca 2007) passive

2. Silent Fly

Silent Fly Supporting Member Commercial User

May 8, 2006
    London - UK
    Owner/designer [sfx]
    I have an EBS OctaBass and an EBS MultiComp.

The instructions recommend putting the Multicomp before the OctaBass (which is something I probably would have done anyway).

However, I noticed that with this connection the OctaBass cannot track some notes and get easily “confused”.

Now I have the OctaBass as the first effect of the chain and I have no problems with the tracking. It can track down to the A on the E string.

I think the OctaBass, like many other analogue octavers, get confused if the notes are too rich of harmonics. You may want try use both pickups and cut the treble on your bass to see what happens.

I hope this help,