ATW Unipak connector

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Hactar, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hactar

Hactar

Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    I have occasional access to a couple ATW-2192a units (wireless head worn mic systems). I am interested in making a cable that would allow me to use the body pack with a bass. The body packs are Unipak transmitters and the input is a twist lock connector with four pins.
    I am aware that it is possible to buy a guitar cable for these units, but I am wondering if it is possible to make my own. So, does anyone know if this connector is proprietary or if I could it from my local electronics supplier?

Thanks

2. Looking at the picture, I don't recognise that connector. Unless they're extortionate, I would just buy a cable myself.

3. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Jimbob is correct. Buy the cable from an Audio Technica dealer which is about everyone who sells music or pro audio gear.

The HR4 Hiroshima connector is as expensive individually as the AT GcW guitar cable adaptor. The Hiroshima connector is also the biggest pain in the ass connector to pull apart and solder to, and as with all miniature mic connectors, they melt easily if you don't have a steady eye and sure hands. So for the hassle of doing it yourself, go buy the dang cable. Sometimes penny wise is penny foolish. In this case, buy the cable and save yourself time and money.

4. Hactar

Hactar

Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll see about procuring a cable.

5. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021