1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Audio Interface and Song Surgeon

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by iggy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. iggy

iggy

Jan 3, 2006
    I'm getting back into dissecting songs again. I need to know what audio interface I can use to play my bass through my computer at the same time I'm using the slow down program Song Surgeon. I want to be able to hear the slowed down parts and play my bass at the same time using earphones or speakers from my computer. Any suggestions?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Usually not a problem with just your Motherboard, apps like Song Surgeon can use the MME drivers at the same time you use ASIO4ALL for your bass on the Mic/Line input.

Make sure the driver isn't set to allow a program to take an exclusive control of the sound port.

Overall easier would be to buy and USB interface that has local monitoring built in.
    This is zero latency on the monitoring. The Song Surgeon latency doesn't matter.

Or you can just buy a small mixer, and mix the out put from the computer, with your bass plugged straight into the mixer.

3. andy mojo

andy mojo

May 21, 2009
    I have been using "Slow Down Music Trainer" on my iPhone It works great. I use it with headphone or even plug it into my amp. If you want to play the song on your computer you could use the new "save/share" feature and send the slowed down version to your self as an email attachment

App Store - Slow Down Music Trainer

4. iggy

iggy

Jan 3, 2006
    I think I'll be going with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface. Compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. I don't know for sure if it has local monitoring or not. I guess the OS of your computer is a huge factor on choosing an Audio Interface.