1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Audio Technica Pro 35 vs. Shure Beta 56

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by charlespf, Mar 10, 2008.

1. charlespf

charlespf

Oct 21, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Hey all,
    I'm planning a switch to a mic-only setup with my AI Coda (Series III). In my trials with a Shure SM58, I could get my levels pretty high without feedback when I used the high pass filter and turned off the tweeter. I used to use a Shadow pickup, but really don't want things touching my bass anymore, so I get some resonance, plus I love the sound of mic'd bass (who doesn't?).
    So basically, my two part question (sorry!) is: which mic would you recommend shelling out on, between the Audio Technica Pro 35 (clip on condenser), or a Shure Beta 56 (like Lynn Seaton uses)? I think the mount between the bridge feet with towels and rubber bands works best for regular mics like the Beta 56, and maybe putting the Audio Technica on the F hole, or on the bridge somewhere. Besides all the stuff I can think of, what else can I do to combat the dreaded feedback?
    Thanks for helping out!