1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Audiokinesis TC112v3AF

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by emjazz, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    20170626_194249. Best cab I've played through by a long shot. I bought it to bring to NYC and it's bigger than I'll ever need here (no car).

It's in excellent condition with a couple of small spots where the finish was knocked. The pictures show clearly where they are.

This is the newest version of the Thunderchild 112 with the 8/4 ohm switch. It also has the rear firing tweeter ($100 option).

Included will be the custom Tuki cover.

You won't find a better, more natural sounding cab. Everything I ever wanted from a cab, just more than I need these days.

$750 plus shipping for the cab, all four rear port plugs and the cover.

Update...
    Will consider partial trades for a less expensive cab plus cash. Trade value is $800 for the AK. Would want something in the $300 to $400 range. Revsound, Avatar, Ampeg, Fender Rumble, Bag End....whatever. Prefer a 112 (115 if it's light). Need something small and easy to carry in case I need to schlep it onto the subway.

Will also consider an AK Hathor 112 plus a little cash for trade.

Thanks so much for looking!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    20170626_194329. 20170626_194347. 20170626_194259.

mngnt likes this.
  3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    20170626_194305. 20170626_194310. 20170626_194337.

Lowendtech likes this.
  4. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Trending in no particular direction Supporting Member

Dayumn. Nice cab.
    That's a bit of a drive for me tho'

emjazz likes this.
  5. Nofrets2

Nofrets2 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Got mine a while back and I'm still doing cartwheels over it. If I didn't have two already...
    The heart and soul of our bass cabinets is the crossover network (often overlooked) and Duke is a master at designing them so the musical presentation of this cabinet is outstanding.
    Someone is going to be very happy.

mngnt and emjazz like this.
  6. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Is this AF a bit wider than the non-AF TC112 cabs, as with the 15's, or is it the same width? Thx.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    It should be the same width.....will check with Duke to be sure. (I have the standard TC112 cover and it fits perfectly.)

@DukeLeJeune

8. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Good to know. Thx

9. UmamiBass

UmamiBass

Apr 14, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    How well do these handle 5 strings?

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I play 6 string. The B string through this cab is big and clear. No problem at all with a low B.

11. UmamiBass

UmamiBass

Apr 14, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    I'm pretty interested in this guy. I've been trying to research them a bit but can't find a ton of information. So far I was going to save for a Greenboy, but I love the idea of a rear firing tweeter.

Can you talk a little of how the port plugs work? Also, while I know some flat voiced cabs like get a bit of a bad rep, like Accugroove, for being too polite sounding; does this thing allow you to dig in?

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    The port plugs tune the low end of the cab. Pretty amazing idea actually. I always leave two in as it punches more in the low mids. All closed will give you a more vintage closed back sound. All open will give you a more full frequency/polite response.

That's the thing about this cab, it can be tuned to do so many things. You asked about a sound that is less polite. If you keep two plugs in and switch the mid switch in the back it boosts the upper mid frequencies and you'll get a more aggressive sound and you'll punch right through a mix. It has saved me in a difficult room a few times.

This is the most versatile, "musical" sounding pa like cab out there. As good as it gets.

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have a car available to use. If anyone would like the cab and wants to meet part way to get it I can do that.

14. UmamiBass

UmamiBass

Apr 14, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    I'm still really interested, but need to get some more funds together

emjazz likes this.
  15. nick333

nick333

Nov 3, 2012
    The Ohm switch - is this the same concept as the AccuGroove switch, which caused a hubbub back in the day ?
    Before AG caught grief, I had a Glockenklnag ohm switcher , designed to fool an amp into seeing 4 or 8 ohms.

16. PM sent!

emjazz likes this.
  17. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I remember the Accuswitch debacle for sure. The difference is that Duke of Audiokinesis is an incredible engineer before anything else. He has explained it in the AK thread. It's absolutely legitimate and verified. Works as it should. :)

arbitrary likes this.