Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audiophile 2496 and Band in a Box

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Somebassguy, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Do these 2 work together? I was reading on these threads that Audiophile 2496 doesn't support midi.
    :confused:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    No problem. The Audiophile has MIDI-in/outs btw, just no onboard Wavetable sounds.

Windows has a built-in Synthesizer, called Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, so you don't need an onboard wavetable or synth.

BIAB works just fine. Also, BIAB used to have Virtual Sound Canvas included, so you can use that too.

3. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Whew!!! I was thinking I would need to keep my SB in my computer for the midi and wave. As usuall thanks a ton for the quick responses JMX, my 2496 will be arriving on thursday. Can't wait!!!

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Please let use know what you think of it when you use it. I'm looking into getting an audio/MIDI interface for my Powerbook G4, and the 2496 is on my list.

5. there are advantages to keeping the SB card as well. I recently aquired a new pc without a SB card and I miss the soundfont capability especially for drums and organ.

To my knowledge you can't run soundfonts on the Windows synth.

I've ended up running back through my SR16 for midi to audio drums and it's somewhat limiting.